At Edunation, we believe that you need to see the whole picture in one place to be able to make real-time, data-informed decisions, and to bridge the gap for storing student data in multiple systems. That’s why we extended the capabilities of our student information module and enabled schools to add more data, more customization, and more flexible privileges management.
The new module will enable you to add more sections to each user profile. Until now, Edunation enabled administrators to add custom fields to 5 main sections. From now on, you will be able to add up to 10 more sections, and each one can be targeted to a specific user type. Feel free to add any kind of student demographics, special education, health, or language information.
With the new module, you will see all the data in a single, centralized place - anytime, anywhere.
Step 1: Manage User Profile Sections
Go to Management > Account Settings > Custom Fields > User Profile
This page will list all user profile sections: the built-in sections and all additional sections that you will add. In order to add a new section, click on the Add button as specified in the image above.
Note: you can click on the “Sort” button to specify in which order the sections will appear in the user profile.
Step 2: Manage User Profile Sections
1. Name: Enter the name of the section. If your school is bilingual, an additional field will appear to enter the name in the secondary language.
2. Data type: choose whether you want to have Fixed or Yearly data in this section. Yearly data means that you can add values in this section for each year, so each section will be refreshed at the beginning of each academic year and all historic data of this section will be saved.
3. Targeted users: you can choose which user types will get this section in their profile, leave it empty to apply it for all user types. For example, if you specify “Student” then this section will appear only in Students’ user profile.
4. Parent section: if you want this section to appear in the same tab of another section, specify this section as a “Parent Section” and then Edunation will combine these two sections into one tab in the user profile.
Step 3: Manage Permissions
You can control who can view or edit each one of the sections that you added. For example, if you add some sensitive data for Students, you can restrict it so that only the Administrator may view and edit this data.
In order to set up the permissions, go to Management > Permissions > Click on update on the user role that you want to edit.
You will find the section that you added under the “User Profile” category. Each section will have two available permissions: View or Edit. Using these permissions, you will be able to specify what user roles will be able to view or edit the data in the user profile.
1. Move custom fields between sections: You can now move custom fields from one section to another. To do so, go the custom field that you want to move, click on “Update” and select the new section. Note that a custom field that is assigned to the “Yearly” section, can be moved only to Yearly sections.
2. Export data: You can export all data in the additional sections using the Export functionality in the Users Management page. Go to Management > Users > Select the users that you want to export > Click on export to excel. Note that Files fields won’t be exported.
3. Import data: You can import all additional sections using the same “Import Users” functionality in Edunation.